May 12, 2012

Lost

One of the books I'm reading right now (anyone else like to read more than one book at a time ha?) is about lost things.

Across the street from the main character lived a girl who got lost. Disappeared, no traces. Since then, she became very concerned about all things lost. Where did they go when they were gone?

Her mother told her things are right where we left them, we just can't remember where that is sometimes. People are somewhere, we just don't know where.

Then the main character gets lost and goes to the place where all lost things go (filled with lost dogs/cats/toys/etc.)

Yesterday, I lost my keys. Stress! I know it is silly, but I entertained the thought for a few seconds that they had just disappeared to the place where lost things go.
Luckily, they had just gone to under the couch :)

Sidenote--holy cow, people are so awesome! While I wrote this post, a line from that Nick Vujicic song came to mind: "I think we're all afraid that we might be alone."

We all probably feel a little alone, a little lost, at some points in our lives. Not to be cliche, but increasingly lately I've seen how helping "find" others helps you find yourself. You are less consumed with yourself, and as President Hinckley said, there is so much more of you to find.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment