Jun 1, 2012

Weakest Link

I just heard an inspirational message about the power of one.

The phrase "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link" was used several times.

Implying that if you are not strong, you are endangering the chain.

....

Yeah......
I agree.

Sorta.

In many cases, I do think that teams are as strong as their individual members.

But I also believe that people are a lot different than little twists of metal. We aren't so cut-and-dry weak or strong. We are alive! Changeable! Weakness has the potential for strength. 

"Lean on me when you're not strong." Anyone heard those words, or seen them?

We all have different weaknesses. Good friendships or relationships or whateverships (pirateships?) can combine strengths. 

It isn't "I'm strong at this and you are weak at this, so our chain is broken."

We all need to do our part in teams or relationships, but ... hmmm.

As I thought about this, look what good ol' King James popped out at me:

"Two are better than one; 
because they have a good reward for their labour.

For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: 
but wo to him that is alone when he falleth; 
for he hath not another to help him up."

(Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)

People can help each other out :)

Jack Johnson popped into my head at that last thought.
"Better together."

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment