Jan 30, 2013

Helen

Helen Keller is pretty much amazing!

Look at some the things she has said..

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it. My optimism, then, does not rest on the absence of evil, but on a glad belief in the preponderance of good and a willing effort always to cooperate with the good, that it may prevail."

"It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui."

            (I especially liked this cuz I learned the word ennui.
                 Pronounced ahn-wee..sounds like a french way of saying ornery.
            It means "a feeling of utter weariness and discontent resulting
                from satiety or lack of interest; boredom; displeasure; annoyance")


"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble."
          (...this makes me want to go to Romania.........)


"I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers."

"The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of tiny pushes of each honest worker."

"All the world if full of suffering. 
It is also full of overcoming."

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment