Dec 5, 2012

Lots to Learn

I have another book to add to my list of things-to-read: The Once and Future King by T. H. White :)

In an email from a friend I came across this quote, which I quite like:

"'The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, 'is to learn something. That's the only thing that never fails. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatic, or know your honor trampled in the sewers of baser minds. There is only one thing for it then--to learn. Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting. Learning is the only thing for you. Look what a lot of things there are to learn.'" 

I love this!

I think there are other things that don't fail as well. 

But learning truly is amazing for plucking yourself up out of your present situation if you feel stuck; you realize there is more to see and know and do than what you are seeing or knowing or doing. When I learn something new, I feel refreshed, invigorated. 

No longer do the fences built by your current circumstances seem to stand indefinitely. Learning gives you a sense of something greater than where you are. And that isn't disheartening--it is relieving and inspiring! 

This reminds me of the second point of this post: Busy.
This also reminds me of my PS at the end of this post: Right & Nice.

:)





No comments:

Post a Comment