Nov 25, 2012

Normal

Sometimes the best parts of life are the normal things:

holiday traditions, 
cleaning a kitchen after a huge meal,
chilling with family, 
or driving with a friend.

It was kinda funny to step into a different life this past week. No school to rush around to. I filled my day with whatever I chose. Lots of food, lots of games, lots of family :)

Made me remember that less-structured days require me to be more intentional about accomplishing my goals. Otherwise they just get swept out the door by everything else that happens.

The power of priorities.

Whoa. Talk about a tangent. When I got on to write, what I was really thinking is how incredible life's daily adventures are.

...which is a very ordinary thought.
But for some reason it doesn't feel like it is ha. 

I'm just struck by extraordinary joy from ordinary moments. 

:)

Like this:

(Well...I guess constructing a false ancient temple 
[complete with a roasting frog for sacrifice]
 out of graham crackers isn't exactly normal....)
---
We just had Thanksgiving. I guess I'm most grateful for the people in my life 
(like this guy) 
who make every normal moment incredible. 

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment