Apr 27, 2012

Joy

Lately, to me, joy has come to mean those times in life when you have a quiet happiness and peace backing up whatever stress or problems you are working with.

There was awhile last summer when that joy seemed pretty dead for me.

But...because of that, even when I let myself get sucked into the "woe is me" of a problem...I know underneath it all that all will be made right and happiness can be found!

Some nights seem longer than others, but Joy always cometh in the morning.
Then the next night will come. And the next morning :)

"At times there appears to be no light at the tunnel's end, no dawn to break the night's darkness. We feel surrounded by the pain of broken hearts, the disappointment of shattered dreams, and the despair of vanished hopes. We join in uttering the bibilical plea "Is there no balm in Gilead?" We feel abandoned, heartbroken, alone.
To all who so despair, may I offer the assurance found in the psalm "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."
Whenever we are inclined to feel burdened down with the blows of life, let us remember that others have passed the same way, have endured, and then have overcome."
-Thomas S. Monson

:)

1 comment:

  1. I love mornings, there is a certain beauty in it. I love it how i start work at 6:30 and travel till 9 am, i meet the day and rising sun.. breathtaking beauty!
    would you like to follow each other?
    http://www.yuliconversations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete